I've honestly been blown away at the response and comments people have been leaving. Rosemary has touched so many people lives with her herbal inspirations. I know a lot of you have been able to see her in action for the first time with John's video series and she is undoubtedly continuing to spread her herbal wisdom and inspiration through these videos.
Thank you for participating in this giveaway to help spread the word about these really fun videos from Rosemary!
The Art of Blending Teas
I have a little secret to share... it took me years of being an herbalist to make nice tasting tea blends. It really is an art! In my beginning years as an herbalist I was more concerned with therapeutics, not taste. Medicine isn't supposed to taste good right?
Luckily for myself, family and clients I've learned teas can be effective medicine AND taste good.
Have you seen Rosemary's latest video? In this video she talks about how to blend teas and shares one of her most famous recipes.
Who won the giveaway?
Thanks again to everyone for participating in this giveaway. I had no idea I would get such a huge response! I also wasn't anticipating all the nice things people were going to say about my work at Methow Valley Herbs. I feel especially inspired to continue sharing quality (and free!) herbal knowledge - along with my love of photography of course!
Using a random number generator I've drawn the following name for the winner of the bee balm goodies.
Cory from Aquarian Bath!!!!
What's next in the giveaway?
Next up in my giveaway extravaganza is elecampane goodies! Elecampane root is one of my favorite herbs for coughs, especially those thick congested coughs. However elecampane's virtues extend far beyond colds and flus. It can help strengthen the lungs (some herbalists use it in asthma blends) and is a wonderful digestive bitter as well.
This strongly pungent and bitter herb infuses really well into honey, but can also be made into a tincture, tea or infused into port wine. I often add elecampane root to my elderberry syrups too.
You can find dried elecampane root fairly easily. Look for it at your local apothecary or Mountain Rose Herbs.
But unless you grow it or wildcraft it is difficult to find the fresh roots. So, for this herbal giveaway I am giving away some beautiful medicine that I made from the fresh roots straight from my garden!
This set includes:
1. Elecampane tincture (2 oz - value $22)
2. Elecampane root infused honey (4 oz - value $20)
3. A bitters blend using Elecampane. (value $22)
How you can enter the giveaway.
There are SEVEN ways you can enter this giveaway. You can do all seven and increase your chances of winning! Remember to leave separate comments for each thing you do! AND remember to leave your name in your post so I can identify you as a winner!
1. Visit this link to watch Rosemary make her gypsy tea. Leave a comment on this blog post saying that you watched the videos.
2. Leave a comment on this blog post with your favorite tea recipe, either one you made yourself, or from someone else.
3. Sign up for my newsletter and get a free ebook on the Taste of Herbs (Look for the sign up in the upper left column of this blog.) Leave a comment on this blog post to say you did so! If you've already signed up leave a comment about why you like my newsletter (I'll just assume you like it if you are on it!).
4. "Like" my Methow Valley Herbs page on Facebook and leave a comment on this blog post saying you did. (If you've already liked my page you can leave a comment about what you like about the page.)
5. Share this photo on my FB page and leave a comment on this blog post about it.
6. Tweet this blog post and leave a comment on this blog post about it.
7. Pin the images on this blog and leave a comment on this blog about it.
Again, remember to leave separate comments for each thing you do and include your name!
The giveaway ends at 9:00 am PST on October 13th, 2012! At that time I'll draw the winner's name, announce the winner and start the next giveaway.
In total there will be three separate herbal gift sets to win!